Pages

Oh boy Oh boy Donald Ducks birthday!

Happy Birthday Donald.. 78 years since his first ever screen appearance and still looking great  ^_^  even without any pants.. and that is high praise for any pensioner I'd say! I created this celebratory nail art for Donalds birthday and I really like how it turned out!
I liked the vintage-y feel of Donalds black bow (I know it's pretty much always red now- but his old outfit was much more sailor chic hehe..plus goes a lot better with his hat than the new-style red and yellow IMO)
 Here's the happy couple lol Donald looks seriously p****d off, I had these Pez dispensers for a looong time and today's the first time I noticed ..... maybe he's not a birthday kinda guy?!
I actually learnt some Donald duck facts in the making of this design so I thought I'd share some with you guys just coz facts are fun haha
1. Donald ducks middle name is Fauntleroy- now that is fancy!
2. Donald has his own star on the Hollywood Boulevard walk of fame- also pretty darn fancy!
3. Donald is a twin, to his sister Della (Huey, Dewey and Louies mum) - she has a terrible hair cut!
4. He has appeared in more films than any other Disney character!
 5. He is the 5th most published comic book character in the world after Batman, Superman, Spider- man and Wolverine - Go Donald!
Below is a pic before I added the bows, it was so simple to create and pretty quick too. I'm already imagining colour variations of this look! 
 Hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading. I'll be back soon with something new , have a great weekend!
"happy birthday to me .. !"

Painted

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

16 comments:

  1. awwws the nail design look so pretty! I wish that i had the time and patience to do nice nail art like this one~ Thanks for sharing :)

    www.beautypicknmix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!
    I'd love to see you do minnie mouse inspired nails!
    Have a great weekend
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wanted to do minnie nails for ages...I'll do some soon! thanks for checking out ma blog!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome dude. I re-blogged you ('cause I'm lazy today and this is better than anything I was gonna come up with on a saturday!) muchos love, maybe catch you later xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks chica appreciate the re-post ..it's ok to be lazy on saturdays... i would if i could..believe me!!!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful! What a great idea<3
    It also reminds me a lot of my old kitchen, it was so pretty!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks ..your kitchen must have been cuuute!

      Delete
  5. Aw that's a brilliant idea! What did you use to do the lines and bows? XX

    kisskissdahling.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. to make the lines I used a fine nail art brush, the longer bristles are better to get nice straight lines..very cheap to buy from ebay..but very very handy tool to have, and for the bows I used a dotting tool but rather than just circle dots I kinda did a double dot for each side of the bow 8-8 and a little dot in the middle to connect them. hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Donald Duck nail art! So nice!
    Happy Birthday, Donald! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your design is so cute! I am a big fan of Mr Donald Duck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, just saw these through Deer Little Fawn and got a huge smile on my face! LOVES :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks every one! this is the most comments I ever got I think - hooray Im so glad everyone likes it ^_^ !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how adorable is this!!? Love it so much! xx
    was thinking this would so cute for a baby shower (blue for a boy, pink for a girl)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, seriously! Your art and your blog are so cool! I love what you've done and am so impressed by your talent. Thank you for your visit - and I would love it if you'd ever want to link to The Summer of Color - your work would be a great addition! Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow very creative!!!! take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete