Pages

Little mermaid nails

Hiya here are my new nails, I used sponging and sticky decals to create this tropical underwater design. These are some nails that have been in my head for a long time but I have only just managed to bring to life.. as soon as I saw the decals I knew exactly what I wanted to do!..
I started by sponging the base mixing a few different blue polishes layered on to each nail.
I used BYS 'sky's the limit' for the base, I applied sponging in pale 'beths blue' by models own, added the darker areas with this amazing royal blue by Claires cosmetics and add some shimmer with 'dream stream' a metallic polish by models own.
I wanted some nice glittering bubbles in my tropical ocean so I used a coat of this multi glitter polish by Claires cosmetics... it's got larger pale purpley glitters and teeeny little blue background particles as well.
 Here are the decals I used by Trosani, such a cute mix of shimmering, brightly coloured tropical fish, bubbles, plants and hearts..couldn't wait to get these on the nails!!! These decals are really great quality they are made of a really flexible sticky material that fits perfectly on the curves of the nail surface without any annoying lifting or peeling edges..I REALLY hate it when decals dont want to lie flat on the nail surface but there is noooo problems with that here (hooray).
I used a cuticle stick to lift the decals gently off the backing sheet and apply them to the nails, there is no way to re position this type of decal once you've applied them as they're super sticky so I spent a little time before hand deciding how I would place them all in the design.
 What do you think? I love them!! it's like having an amazing mini aquarium to stare at right on my fingertips! I really like how the glitter looks like moving bubbles in the water.
I finished the look with a few coats of clear top coat to seal and smooth everything in place.
Don't they just make you wish you were on a tropical island?!...
I'll be back soon with some more for you, have a great weekend everyone!


Painted

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

5 comments:

  1. All I have to say is
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
    Seriously, so talented! :)
    Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I've been wanting to do something like this for ages, have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  2. These are so awesome! Just wanted to let you know I've mentioned you in my blog post today :) You've inspired me to have a little go at nail art too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am keeping this in mind, its so cute!!

    ReplyDelete